The 6th edition of the OnTheMove Academy Workshop was held in Vilamoura, Portugal.
Two participants have evaluated the OTMA 2009 qualitatively (by writing up some lines comments).
OTMA was a valuable experience for me. Being assessed by several researches and understanding their points of view is helpful, even, or especially when it raises difficult questions. So far, I have not got so much feedback for my work anywhere else.
- David Urbansky
OTMA was a great experience for me as a mid-term Ph.D. student. During writing, it gave me a chance to think about my entire project and get a good overview. Once at the academy, I got the chance to hear well respected researchers give me their point of view on my ideas. I could then better understand the strengths and weaknesses of my work. I also learned how to better formulate the message I wanted to present. Because the faculty was so diverse, they all provided me with different hints. This was especially valuable as I normally only hear one or two other ( and always the same ) viewpoints. I not only learned from my own session, but also from the comments meant for the other participants. Finally, we had a lot of fun! OTMA is THE place for a Ph.D. paper.
- Nina Tahmasebi
Best Contribution Award 2009
We are proud to announce that a “Best Paper Award” will be given to a Ph.D. student.
Collibra, the by now already famous STAR Lab spin-off, is sponsoring this prize for the best OTMA-paper.
The jury are the OTMA faculty members who take into account the accepted paper as well as the presentation by its author.
The award winning Ph.D. student of 2009 was Nina Tahmasebi. Congratulations Nina!
OTM Academy 2009 Program Committee:
- Christoph Bussler (Merced Systems Inc., Redwood Shores, USA)
- Jaime Delgado, (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain)
- Ling Feng, (Tsinghua University, Beijing, China)
- Alfred Holl (University of Applied Sciences, Nuremberg, Germany), OTMA Accompanying Professor
- Frédéric Le Mouël (University of Lyon, France)
- Erich J. Neuhold (University of Vienna, Austria), OTMA Dean
- Anja Schanzenberger (University of Applied Sciences Augsburg, Germany), OTMA Organising Chair
- Peter Spyns (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium), OTMA Organising Chair
- York Sure (SAP Research, Karlsruhe, Germany)
- Maria Esther Vidal (Universidad Simon Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela), OTMA Accompanying Professor
- Adam Wierzbicki (Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology, Warschau, Poland), OTMA Accompanying Professor