The 9th edition of the OnTheMove Academy Workshop was held in Rome, Italy.
Five participants have evaluated the OTMA 2012 quantitatively (by giving some scores) and qualitatively (by writing up some lines comments).
Wonderful team in the panel, the criticism is very constructive and useful, thank you.
- Eduardo Ackerman
I think your current description already fits how I experienced the academy. It is a fun, relaxed environment that allows PhDs in any stage of their work.
- Steven Bosems
The OTM Academy staff put a lot of effort into reviewing and commenting, and they did a great job. All comments are passed in a friendly atmosphere. Participation in this workshop made me realize which things I could definitely improve in my research work. In conclusion, if you're counting on a lot of good comments about your work and you are not afraid of constructive criticism (in a friendly atmosphere), go ahead and send your work to the OTM Academy conference.
- Piotr Przymus
I highly recommend this workshop to PhD students in their initial studies. I had a very nice experience this year. It was a chance to have objective review on my work. The accompanying professors' comments were friendly yet critical. They didn't just point out your mistakes but also help you withdraw lessons. I did learn from my own and the other PhD students' mistakes. To benefit the most of the workshop, you should prepare yourself by completing the assignments. It's also very interesting to meet the other students from different cultures. Thank you professors and OTMA friends for bringing me such a nice experience.
- Thao Nguyen
In general a good experience, I recommend it!
- Cristian Vasquez
Best Contribution Award 2012
Each year we give a “Best Contribution Award” to one (or more) of the participating Ph.D. students.
The jury are the OTMA faculty members, who take into account the accepted paper and poster, the presentations by its author, the level of participation and commitment by the PhD student, and the overall perceived improvement that (s)he has shown during the OTMA event.
In 2012, the OTMA faculty decided to award Eduardo Jacobo Miranda Ackerman and Thao Ngyuen. Congratulations Eduardo and Thao!
OTM Academy 2012 Program Committee:
- Galia Angelova (Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia, Bulgary)
- Christoph Bussler (Xtime Inc., USA)
- Paolo Ceravolo (Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy)
- Philippe Cudré-Mauroux (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA)
- Jaime Delgado, (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain)
- Alfred Holl (University of Applied Sciences, Nuremberg, Germany), OTMA Accompanying Professor
- Frédéric Le Mouël (University of Lyon, France)
- Marcello Leida (Khalifa University Abu Dhabi Campus, United Arabic Emirates)
- Erich J. Neuhold (University of Vienna, Austria), OTMA Dean
- Hervé Panetto (University de Lorraine, France)
- Erik Proper, (Public Research Centre - Henri Tudor, Luxembourg)
- Anja Metzner (University of Applied Sciences Augsburg, Germany), OTMA Organising Chair
- Fatiha Saïs , (Université Paris-Sud XI,France)
- Andreas Schmidt (Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
- Peter Spyns (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium), OTMA Organising Chair
- Maria Esther Vidal (Universidad Simon Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela), OTMA Accompanying Professor