OTM Academy 2016
The 13th edition of the OnTheMove Academy Workshop was held on Rhodes, Greece.
Four participants have evaluated the OTMA 2016 quantitatively (by giving some scores) and qualitatively (by writing up some lines comments).
I found the OTMA workshop very constructive and useful. The detailed feedback, individual improvement sessions, friendly atmosphere created an opportunity to focus more on important aspects of our projects and work productively during these two intensive and interactive days..
- Aygun Shafagatova
The overall experience was great. I received highly valuable input to my PhD topic as well as to my scientific skills and how to improve them. The workshop itself and its supporting program enabled lively discussions regarding our papers as well as other topics.
I can only recommend the OTMA to fellow PhD students.
- Felix Burgstaller
It is amazing how well everybody knows each paper. In combination with all the presented soft skills, the very productive discussions continues in a very familar athmosphere after the scheduled time.
- Markus Haehnel
It is really not your usual PhD Workshop! You will receive challenging questions and remarks but in the end you will profit from constructive criticism on your paper and presentation in both content and soft skills. I especially appreciated the paper improvement session in which we could ask the experts immediately whether our changes really improved the paper or not. Moreover, we could ask the experts how to improve a certain thing if we had no idea. A final thanks to Maria-Esther, Josefa, Peter and Erich for spending their time reviewing and improving our work as well as passing their knowledge and experience to us.
- Markus Wutzler
Best Participation Award 2016
Each year we give a “Best Participation Award” to one of the participating Ph.D. students.
The jury are the OTMA faculty members, who take into account the accepted paper and poster, the presentations by its author, the level of participation and commitment by the PhD student, and the overall perceived improvement that (s)he has shown during the OTMA event.
This year's Best Participation Award was given to Felix Burgstaller. Congratulations Felix!
OTM Academy 2016 Program Committee
- Galia Angelova (Bulgarian Academy of Science, Sofia, Bulgary)
- Christoph Bussler (Tropo, Inc., USA)
- Paolo Ceravolo (Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy)
- Claudia d'Amato (Università degli Studi di Bari, Italy)
- Manu De Backer (University of Ghent, Belgium)
- Rik Eshuis (Technical University Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
- Claudia Jiménez (Universidad de los Andes, Chile)
- Frédéric Le Mouël (University of Lyon, France)
- Erich J. Neuhold (University of Vienna, Austria), OTMA Dean
- Hervé Panetto (University de Lorraine, France)
- Erik Proper, (Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Luxembourg)
- Rudi Studer (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
- Peter Spyns (Flemish Dept. of Economy, Science & Innovation, Belgium), OTMA Organising Chair
- Maria-Esther Vidal (Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas, Venezuela), OTMA Organising Chair & Accompanying Professor